Sweet Tidings 8th Day of Christmas: DIY Kraft Christmas Cards and Envelopes
I just love Japanese wooden envelope templates. They're so great for every handmade stationery project you can think of. I love the appeal of kraft paper too. So simple, rustic and understatedly natural.
For the holiday season, make use of your wooden envelope template (or buy from here or from ETSY) to create charming, homemade kraft paper cards and envelopes. They're so eco-friendly too. Make it a green Christmas!
DIY Kraft Christmas Cards and Envelopes
- Medium weight kraft paper sheet
- Japanese wood envelope template
- Double sided tapes
- Fabric scraps in Christmas colors and patterns
- Paper cutter
- Hot glue
- Sewing machine/needle and thread
1. Position Japanese envelope template on top of kraft paper. Trace the outline and cut around the edges. Fold corners and seal edges using double side tape. Decorate flap of envelope with jute twine ribbon.
2. Using paper cutter, cut tent cards from kraft paper sheet to match size of the envelope. Embellish the front with Christmas themed fabrics cut in holiday shapes. hand stitch onto kraft card or use sewing machine.
3. Fill your Christmas cards with heartwarming Christmas messages.